Thursday, June 15, 2006

On the road



I'm heading out on the road this morning. I was planning on posting and finishing the story I had started a couple weeks ago but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. The short story is that my parents and my brother and sister-in-law landed the Tuesday after Bay to Breakers and we headed out to Yosemite Wednesday morning, where we were until Friday. We then came back to the Bay Area, picked up my sister and we together through Tuesday in SF. I moved out of my apartment Wednesday, stayed with a friend in SF that night, then went up to Sonoma where I stayed with Gina and Rob (and a dog and two cats). Gina is the Executive Director of YearlyKos, the convention that I've been working on for over a year that took place in Las Vegas last weekend

But all that is history now, I'm leaving San Francisco in a few short hours. I'm sad that I'm leaving such a great city but I'm excited for the ride that I will shortly undertake. I've got about 220 miles ahead of me today, I'm driving down highway 1 to San Simeon, where the Hurst Castle is.

The goal of this blog is to write quite often, which is something I'll be able to do each night from my tent, and then I can save them, put a date and time on them and post them the next time I'm near wi-fi. I guess I don't know for sure if it will work that smoothly, but I'm trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home