Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The sun is hot but the wind is cool

I'm in Las Vegas now, about to head out in the next couple hours. I don't have much to report but I did update my flickr photos.

The drive yesterday was GREAT. I got an early start and the roads were quite empty which makes for great riding. I did 300 miles which was the most I've done in a day and I was in Vegas by the middle of the afternoon. The heat isn't that much fun but it's not so bad, I have some sunburn but nothing bad and once you get moving it doesn't really hurt.

I was taken out to a fantastic dinner last night by my friend Mike who lives here in Veags. It was a Brazillian barbeque of some sort at The Mirage and you have a little peice of wood on the table and when you flip it up, they keep bringing food and when you turn it over they stop. It's like an all you can eat buffet but you don't have to get up. And the food they bring you is not light, it's all meat and it's served on swords, quite impressive. I was so full after that I couldn't force myself down to the craps table that I'd wanted to visit, but maybe I'll get a chance on the way out today. I did, however, manage to lose $5 on the Oilers.

Today I'm off to Zion National Park in Utah, only about 150 miles down the road and I've got a reservation at the campground so it should be a pretty easy day.

2 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No gambling, Nolan?! I'm disappointed! Keep'em coming, I love the updates!

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you can still fit on your bike after the brazilian bbq!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home