Saturday, June 24, 2006

New Mexico

I copped out last night and got a hotel room after a long day of riding. I arrived here in Gallup, New Mexico, about 20 miles from the Arizona line, around 9pm.

The ride from the Grand Canyon was good but long and made longer by a 100 mile detour because of some puny forest fire that had crept up onto the road. Since I couldn't take the road leading east from the North Rim, I had to backtrack through Utah and around. The silver lining here is that I got a chance to drive by Lake Powell and even had a very refreshing swim.

I leave shortly for a friends ranch in SE New Mexico for the night.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where is this ranch? How are you coming into Austin? If you're coming from down near El Paso, then I suggest you make a run for it and make the trip to Austin in one day since there is very little to see on the way. If you're coming from up near Albequreque, then try taking 84 east and cut through the back roads of lubbock and abeline etc...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home